Thursday, June 5, 2014

Home Tour

I wanted to document our second house where we lived for almost 6 years.  We moved to Eagle Mountain when Easton was only 20 months old, back in April of 2008.  We added 3 more children to our family and created so many memories here.  It was hard to say good-bye.  (At least I know our home is in good hands now as some friends from our neighborhood bought it.)
 
I'm going to miss growing pumpkins and corn every year to decorate the front porch with.  It's far too hot in Vegas for pumpkins to grow.
Prior to moving in we worked on the house for about a month.  Although the house was brand new, we did a lot of the upgrades ourselves to save money.  The wainscoting was one such upgrade.  We also did the two-tone paint, installed hardwood floors and new carpet.  The crown moulding we had installed several years ago by a friend. All of the furniture in the living room was purchased off KSL classifieds.  The chairs were painted and then I had them reupholstered.

 I loved our fireplace and the many chilly nights spent laying by it with the family.  The fireplace mantel was another KSL find, installed by Clint.  The couches and ottoman were my 30th birthday present purchased at Bassett furniture
 Clint put up this board and batten for my Christmas present.  It is beautiful and was so nice to hang coats, bags and keys on.  I didn't get too enjoy it for that long because several months after it was installed we found out we were moving.
 The half bath was completed shortly after moving into the house.

 In the kitchen we put the granite countertops in for only $926 installed, including the sink. ( I found the receipt while packing and couldn't believe that was all we paid.)  We also sold the builder basic appliances and purchased these clean steel ones.


 The buffet and dining table were another KSL find and then painted in a creamy hue.
 The girls' room was painted and a chandelier was added when I was pregnant with Esme.  Prior to that it was our guest bedroom.  We purchased the beds and dresser on KSL as well. 
 For Christmas when Easton was 4 we re-did his bedroom.  We put up the board and batten, painted it blue and bought the bed off of ....you guessed it -KSL!

 



 The master bathroom received a coat of paint and moulding was installed around the mirror.
 The craft loft saw many a mess.  We love doing all sorts of crafts here in our household.  All of the furniture was purchased at the DI thrift store and painted a nice crisp white.
 Clint built these shelves two years ago to hold all of our crap.  I miss having a basement to store all of our items.  All of this stuff is now stored in the garage or spare bathroom.  That's right- I said spare bathroom.

What I miss most about our home though is our friends and family.  The kids miss their amazing friends they had to play with all the time.  I long to be able to run and talk to my friends real quick or have game night at our house.  I know in time we will make new friends but it seems to take at least a year to get to that point.  We miss having all of the grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins so close.  Birthday's are a little bit quieter here.  However, we are really enjoying life in the city and look forward to building new memories in our new home.  Pictures to come soon.
 
 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You have an eye for decorating, but you will really miss ksl right? Craig's list is just not the same. I hope you like Vegas. I can't say that I was sad to leave, but the church is strong there, and the winters at least are great! Can't wait to see photos of the new place.