Friday, August 29, 2014

Summer is over

Last Wednesday Easton received his Bobcat as well as the Leave No Trace award at Cub Scouts.


                   Some fun was had pushing Adriana around in a play baby stroller.

I am a Bear leader and Easton had been attending scouts with me until he turned 8.  He is such a good little scouter and really enjoys it.

Last Friday was back to school night and we went and met the kids' teachers.  Marielle has Mrs. Manterola for Kindergarten and Easton has Mrs. Newton for third grade - but I was unable to get a picture with her.


The night before school started we had our back to school dinner.  The menu included:
Turkey breast
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Sautéed zucchini and onions
Watermelon
Cherry Limeade to drink


 
The theme for our school year is "I Am Like a Star."  I told the kids that they are a light in this ever increasing dark world and to always be kind to others.  I explained to them while working hard and getting good grades is important, being kind is what matters most.






For dessert the kids were able to decorate a dessert pizza.


Monday morning was off to school.  Marielle had a mishap with her chocolate milk spilling all over her brand new butterfly shirt she was planning on wearing for her first day.  We had to roll with option F because Monday is laundry day for me and all her clothes were dirty - except her pony shirt.



Summer went by too quickly- it always does.  I miss these two cute faces while they are away at school. 



Two weeks before school started I received a phone call from Marielle's teacher letting me know funding had been approved for all day Kindergarten.

 I said I would like to opt out to which I received the response I had no choice, she had to go all day long unless I transferred her to another school.  Most parents were happy about the news I was told, while I almost started crying on the phone. 

I had plans for dance lessons and trips to the children's museum and helping her with homework in the afternoon.

 I have decided to give all day Kinder a try and if it doesn't go well then I will consider homeschooling her.

 We are a week into things and so far so good.  She is loving school and looks forward to it everyday.  I sure miss her cute bum around here though.

1 comment:

Matt and Dani said...

Awwww, those kids are so cute!