Friday, September 12, 2014

Craft Loft

Welcome to our craft loft.  When we first looked at our house I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this space - create a craft loft. 
 
 
I found these Thonet style "x" back chairs on craiglist for $25 a piece.  They are from Pottery Barn and although they were in perfect condition I did not care for the shiny black finish.  I had seen similar chairs at Ballard Design, with a different finish, for over a hundred dollars each and figured with a fresh coat of paint I could get a similar look.


I used Annie Sloan Grey Linen chalk paint.  The paint is very forgiving so when the girls asked if they could help I gladly agreed.  Plus the paint is fabulous because you don't need to sand.




The chairs are not perfectly painted by any means- there are definitely some drips- but I enjoyed the time I was able to spend painting with my girls.  They really enjoyed helping mom as well.  After the Grey Linen was applied I took a little bit of Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and did a white wash.

 
I was very happy with the finished product.  I was hoping for a weathered  look and felt like we achieved it- drips and all.
 
This gem was also a Craigslist find.  A nearby linen store was going out of business and selling all of their shelving.  As soon as I saw this I called knowing it would go fast at the fantastic price of $400. 
 
It was not the easiest thing to move, taking Clint and I about an hour to take it apart and load it up in our van and truck.
 
I love it- it's perfect for the space.
 
I used spray adhesive to apply wrapping paper to the back of the shelves.






                                This parsons table was also a Craigslist find for $100.






The kids love creating masterpieces in their workspace.
 
 
 Adriana forgoes using many of the supplies on hand and creates masterpieces on her forehead instead.
 


 I love how Esme draws people.
 

The drawers are all filled with craft supplies.
 

 
Over the summer we did several craft projects, including these Fourth of July t-shirts.
 




 
 
Here is Easton modeling the finished product.
 
 

No comments: