Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Year a New Me

As I type this post I am in my room having a time out.  Easton sent me to my room  because I wouldn't let him have a treat.  I really like time outs.  He should send me to my room more often.

Although I always dislike taking down the Christmas decor because our house seems so bare afterward, it always engerizes me to clean out unwanted items throughout our home and organize things a bit more. Easton assisted me in getting the hearts out for "heart day" and placing them around the house.  With each new year brings new goals.  I decided to try a new format this year with my goal setting and set a few goals in five different catagories. 
1.  Family: Go on a family vacation.
2.  Personal:  Become more organized.  This is one of my goals every year but there are so many areas to become organized in.  This year I am focusing on schedules.  I have scheduled  my daily goals for cleaning and playtime with the kids.
 Example:  Thursday- Dust & vacuum the upstairs
Craft time
3.  Health:  Run two times a week.  {Many of you are probably thinking- that's it, only two times a week.  In my defense I  have not run since high school and so I thought I would ease into things a bit.  I actually went running for the first time a few days ago and managed to run 1.8 miles without stopping or dying.}
4.  Social:  Call or send a card to each of my friends on their birthday.  I am the worse at keeping in touch so this will help me.
5.  Spiritual:  Read scriptures and say prayers with Clint each evening.



The new year also brings a new age for me.  I am now a thirty something, celebrating the big 3-0 last Friday.  My family as well as Clint's gathered at our home for a pizza party.  Easton really wanted me to have a roller skating dance party.  I wanted to as well but when you have a little one that loves to go to bed early, it's hard to do things like dance parties.  I guess I'm showing my age.


                                        
Clint took me shopping for my birthday.  I've been wanting new couches.  I've debated about getting new ones  because I don't worry when Easton plays on them or takes off all of the couch cushions and bounces around on them.  However, our couches have become so worn they are no longer comfortable and you sink when you sit on them.  So in three weeks these beauties will be gracing our family room. 
                                          
I can hear Easton calling me now- telling me my time out is over.  It was nice while it lasted but I don't think I got a full 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm jealous, I love the new couches wish I was getting new couches, but that will probaly happen when pigs can fly! Happy Birthday and we need to go to lunch next week for your b-day!

Jo said...

I wish I got a time out. Oh well. And Happy Birthday!!