Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Las Vegas Baby!

As you may have noticed I fell off of the blogging bandwagon for a bit. For those of you who regularly update your blog. I admire you. For some reason I lack the ability to do so. When my life fills up with so many other things, blogging gets put on the back burner. Those other things I'm referring to include listing and selling my cousins home within two weeks' time. Listing another home, teaching an enrichment class, being sick 3 times (I've decided I'm not leaving the house for the rest of the winter) and various projects around the home.

As a result I am behind on our blog and would like to update what we've been up to. At the end of September we went to Vegas for a few days. Clint had some work obligations to attend to so we decided to join him and make a mini-vacation out of it.

This picture is what vacation is all about. Hanging out, enjoying one another's company and just taking it easy.

Easton chased this poor pigeon around and around before the dumb thing finally flew away.
The pool was the main event of our stay in Vegas. We spent many hours enjoying the sunshine and Easton loved soaking in the hot tub. His favorite thing to do however, was to sit in the shower for an hour at a time. The shower had a built-in bench which provided the boy with endless enjoyment. Every towel and washcloth he could get his hands on ended up covering the bench. It was his "work" he told us.


While we were in Vegas I was able to spend the morning with my best friend Holly and two of her boys. Everytime I get together with her it's as though little time has passed between us. She's just one of those friends that you can talk about anything with and leave feeling so uplifted after talking to her. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos.


Beautiful baby girl. She didn't mind swimming but was more content to lay on the lounge chairs with daddy.


It was nice to have some time in the sun to spend with my family (and to not have to do the dishes for a few days.)




2 comments:

Me said...

So glad you guys could have a mini vaca. Especially at that awesome hotel! Nice!

I, as well, feel uplifted and strengthened after I am with you. I'm so lucky to have you. Thanks for letting me cut into your time a little. I loved it, and I thought our boys did great together. (I do have a couple pics, heads nearly cut off and all. I will post them soon now that things are a tad less nuts around here. you know how that is!)

Heidi said...

Oh, I so need to go to Vegas! It looks like you had so much fun just chillaxin' by the pool!