Saturday, October 18, 2014

Surprise- My Mom's Birthday

Over conference weekend we had the opportunity to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday.  She had reached the huge milestone the week before and received a flashlight from my dad to commemorate the occasion. I'm sure she really loved it- little did she know what was in store for her. 
 
Growing up my mom took notice of the small things and always tried to create special memories for us.  She threw each of us a surprise birthday party at some point in our lives- me when I turned 16.  I wanted to do the same for her and surprise her.

 
I rented a condo and arranged for everyone to meet in St. George.  My dad told my mom at the last minute that they should go to St. George to get away for the weekend as they usually go somewhere over conference weekend. 
 

My kids loved playing with cousin Daphne and surprising Grandma Connie.  We arrived a couple hours later then the prearranged destination time due to construction on the interstate and the fact that I completely spaced the one hour time difference.

My dad was trying to stall and come up with alternate activities while we were slowly making our way there.  They were sitting at the splash pad when we ran up and surprised my mom.  She was happy and surprised to see us.
 


 
We ate dinner and then my dad took my mom to see the Little Mermaid at Tuachan.
 





The next day we rode the carousel, ate a picnic lunch and played at the splash pad.  Afterwards everyone went back to the condo and went swimming while my mom and I went shopping.
 


















It was so fun to watch conference, hang out with the family and celebrate my mom's birthday.  I'm truly blessed to be given such a beautiful mother, both inside and out. 


1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a great surprise! Happy 60th Connie!
It's funny seeing photos of her, I think she and mom look so much alike, even their feet are the same!