Saturday, June 20, 2009

Put me in the zoo





The whole Thompson family (minus Rafe) was able to join us for a delightful day at the zoo. Even Grandpa Mark and Grandma Debra came out. Of course, it was not easy to get them to pose for a photo so this is the best we could do. My dad wore his Wranglers just in case he had to bulldog an escaped rhino. Plus he heard from Brett Favre that they are “real comfortable jeans.”



"Tokyo...this is Easton...do you copy?...over" (I promise I didn't teach him this)




Easton, your wingspan will never even get close to that of a gorilla.


No comment.



Marielle didn’t get to see many animals but she did have an animal sized poo that exploded all over her outfit. The good news is that Grandma Debra came to the rescue and bought her a nice Hogle Zoo onesie.



Taylor was kind enough to lift Easton to see many of the exhibits. This happened to be the bear exhibit...as you can see he is tightly gripping a fencepost. He may have remembered what happened to Luke Wilson's character on the movie Anchorman.




We’ve got this nice monkey backpack/leash to keep Easton from getting into trouble. And who better to hold the leash than his younger cousin Jane.





Here's another cute picture of the Easton and the cousins...oh...and Thad.



Big surprise. Out of the hundred animals on the carousel, Easton chose to ride the wild turkey. I guess birds of a feather do flock together after all.



The day at the zoo was capped off with an enchanting train ride.
Happiness is this right here.

5 comments:

TR said...

I'm dying here. That 'tune in Tokyo' picture is absolutely golden!

Jo said...

Oh my gosh!! Clint I LOVE it when you post. I laugh all the way through. And I'm glad you had fun at the zoo.

Emily said...

I love Clint postings. Wranglers comment was classic. I like Charisse postings also, but this last posting makes me nostalgic for a Clint's humor.
-Walker

Nan and Ryan said...

Oh your kids are soooo cute! Ryan and I are going to impose on you guys soon, so beware!

Anonymous said...

Oh that bother-in-law of mine! He's one funny guy!
Dani