Thursday, July 23, 2015

St. Patty's Day

Every year that silly green leprechaun visits our house- leaving in his wake destruction, mayhem, gold coins and green treats.  The kids found these green items hiding in the sink after following a trail of gold coins.  They also discovered our milk was green as well as the toilet bowl water.  That sneaky guy.

Marielle had to make a leprechaun trap for school so we decided a delicious cake would lure the unsuspecting fellow.  She decorated it with skittles and put gold coins in the center to entice the green guy.  Her trapped work but the clever little guy ate his way out of the cake so in the end she was not able to catch him.



Every meal on St. Patricks day is better if it's green.  The kids love taking an all green lunch to school with them.  And of course dinner is all green as well.   I forgot to make the traditional  four-leaf clover jello jugglers though.  Darn nausea was getting the best of me.














 I want to cherish the wonders of childhood and love creating fun little memories with my kids.  They make me happy and fill me with a sense of contentment and purpose.  (For the most part- ha ha.)

No comments: